Are Crooked Teeth Really A Problem?
Crooked teeth can cause some people to feel self-conscious about their smile and appearance, but are they a problem in other ways? The best way to find out if your teeth need to be straightened is to work with a dentist in Owensboro, KY. Your dentist can evaluate your teeth and tell you about procedures that can help straighten them.
Problems Made by Crooked Teeth
There are many problems that are made by having crooked teeth!
- Difficulty cleaning. People who have crooked teeth often end up have difficulty cleaning their teeth – because their teeth may crowd each other, making parts of the tooth very difficult to reach with a toothbrush.
- Excess wear and tear on teeth. Crooked teeth can wear on each other, causing excessive wear and tear.
- Increased risk for gum disease. When it’s hard to clean your teeth, it becomes harder to prevent gum disease.
- Makes chewing a challenge. Crooked teeth often don’t line up when they’re clenched, which can make chewing harder than it needs to be.
- Cause bad breath. People who have gum disease often suffer from bad breath. No matter how much the teeth get brushed, this is still a problem.
How to Fix Crooked Teeth
The first step to fixing crooked teeth is to get a dental exam in Owensboro, KY. At Dr. Travis Wilson Family Dentistry, we provide dental exams to evaluate various oral health conditions and make recommendations for correction as needed.
To find out whether your teeth need to be straightened, call today to make an appointment. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, discuss our orthodontic services and provide clarity to the process of correcting crooked teeth.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!