Teeth have a way of turning yellow over time. Achieving white teeth is a multi-step process. If you want the whitest, brightest teeth possible, maintaining your oral hygiene and seeking whitening services can help.
As yourdentist in Owensboro and Beaver Dam, KY, we offer dental exams and whitening services. If having white teeth is your goal, we can help. Here’s what you need to know.
1. Good Oral Hygiene Habits Help Maintain White Teeth
Clean teeth are slick, so food particles won’t stick to them, which can help prevent stains. There are many parts to maintaining good oral hygiene habits, including:
- Visit the dentist twice annually. See the dentist twice per year for a dental examination and cleaning. During the examination, dental professionals will remove plaque and tartar and polish the tooth enamel to help prevent your teeth from yellowing.
- Brush your teeth twice per day. Brushing twice daily can help eliminate plaque, which can contribute to staining. Brushing your teeth is an important part of preventing stains and discolorations.
- Floss once daily. Like brushing, flossing also helps remove plaque to keep your teeth clean.
2. Whitening Toothpaste Can Help, But Not for Everyone
Whitening toothpaste can make your teeth somewhat whiter over time. Whitening toothpaste doesn’t work for everyone because it can contribute to tooth sensitivity. You should not use whitening toothpaste if you already struggle with tooth sensitivity.
3. Getting Your Teeth Whitened By the Dentist Is Effective
Seek professionalteeth whitening in Owensboro and Beaver Dam, KY, to make your teeth as white as possible. Getting your teeth professionally whitened can make them several shades whiter quickly. This is much more efficient than DIY and home whitening products, like whitening toothpaste.
Are you interested in teeth whitening services? Call Dr. Travis Wilson Family Dentistry to make an appointment. We offer professional teeth whitening services that can help.