Smiling has a significant impact on your health and how you are perceived. Like a prescribed anti-depressant, a smile causes an increase in the serotonin levels in the brain. Additionally, anti-stress hormones, such as endorphins and dopamine, are released as you smile, lowering your blood pressure. Smiling even helps others to view you as more attractive.
Still, you might find it difficult to smile often and freely if you feel that your smile is disappointing. Here are a few things that you can do to ensure that your smile is at its best every time you flash a grin.
Whiten Your Teeth
Based on the findings of a recent study, people with whitened teeth are more apt to be hired and receive a larger salary offer than their counterparts with dental discoloration. Whitened teeth may even increase the likelihood of a person being asked out on a date.
Nowadays, whitening your teeth doesn’t have to be cumbersome, time-consuming, or uncomfortable. Professional teeth-whitening applications, such as Zoom whitening, can whiten the teeth quickly and safely.
The Zoom whitening system, which can only be prescribed by a dentist, can be applied in-office or used as an at-home treatment. The system, which can whiten the teeth up to eight shades, can transform the appearance of the mouth without causing dental sensitivity. Additionally, because a special whitening light is used during the treatment, the results of the system are accelerated.
In-office whitening applications offer multiple benefits when compared to over-the-counter whitening kits. Here are a few of them:
- Faster whitening results. Over-the-counter kits may require weeks or even months to achieve optimal results. In-office procedures can whiten the teeth by several shades after a single application.
- Less dental sensitivity. Because over-the-counter kits are self-applied, there is an increased likelihood of misuse that could lead to chronic dental sensitivity. In-office treatments are applied by trained dental professionals.
- More dramatic whitening results. Over-the-counter kits tend to whiten the teeth less effectively, even when applied precisely according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The Zoom whitening treatment can increase the whiteness of the teeth by eight shades in less than an hour.
Dental discoloration that results from the teeth’s exposure to pigments in the foods and drinks that you consume is considered temporary. However, a dental whitening application may be needed to brighten the color of the teeth.
Whiter teeth can improve the look of your smile and help increase your self-confidence. As a result, after having your teeth whitened, you may be apt to smile more often.
Replace Lost Teeth
Gaps in your smile are often considered unattractive. If you have lost one or more teeth and you want a great-looking smile, restorative applications, such as dental implants, can help.
A dental implant is a titanium post or screw that is used to replace the roots of a lost tooth. The implant can be fitted with a connecting mechanism and a dental crown to fully replace a missing tooth.
An implant can also be used to support other dental appliances that replace lost teeth, such as dentures and fixed bridges. The use of implants in conjunction with other applications is often preferred when a large number of teeth are missing from a palate.
In addition to improving the look of your smile, a dental implant offers other benefits:
- Bone stimulation. The implant transfers bite pressure to the jawbone to stimulate the production of additional bone cells.
- Longevity. Dental implants rarely fail and are designed to remain in place for the remainder of the patient’s life.
- Stability. Implants can withstand the same amount of pressure as natural teeth, making it easy for patients to enjoy a wide range of foods.
If you are interested in improving the appearance of your smile, contact Travis Wilson D.M.D. We can help your teeth look their best.